How to Buy From Us
When you buy a classic racing bike from Retrospective Cycles, you are buying a bike that has been hand-picked by us from our network of contacts and enthusiasts in Italy. Each steel road bike you see on our site is unique and has its own history and story to tell.
Every other month our expert buyer heads off to Italy to tour the key cycling regions and to personally find, inspect and evaluate every bike we sell. If he is happy with the condition of the bike then he will bring it back to the UK to add to our Showroom.
We do not restore the bikes, but only buy bikes that are well cared for and ready to ride away. Recent stock has included classic racing bikes from Colango, Patelli, Legano and of course Bianchi to name just a few.
As each bike we sell is unique and comes in just the size we have, the buying process works best as follows:
• Browse our Showroom of vintage racing bikes where you will find all the details you need to know including lots of close-up photographs. If the bike is not showing a SOLD, then you can be pretty sure it is available (but they don’t hang around long).
• Check what size racing bike you need before you fall in love too much, we also have a sizing guide at the bottom of every page
• Contact us as soon as you find a bike you want to double check any details and perhaps arrange to come and look at it if you wish. If you want the bike secured for you then you can also pay a refundable deposit and we’ll hold it for a few days.
• Ready to buy?, Give us a call or email us and we will sort out all the details. Payment can be by cash, bank transfer or credit card. We do not offer online credit card payment facilities. This is due to both security and the unique nature of our bikes. We want to be sure you are getting the right bike and it is in the right condition for you. The best way to do this is to talk directly to us.
• We will arrange worldwide-shipment as soon as full payment is made, or you can collect your bike from our London showroom.
Buy from us with the confidence that, should the bike not meet your expectations, then we are happy for you to return it to us (in its original condition and at your cost) and we will exchange it for you. This is however a very rare occurrence.
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our Showroom of classic racing bikes and browse our current stock, then get in touch.